The need to return to nature and the campaign to save the planet encourages more fondness for organic goods. Everyone wants to hop on the organic bandwagon, from food substances to cosmetic products.

However, shopping organic can be a tough decision as many organic goods are pricey. This guidepost will provide you with a few tips and tricks to help you buy organic goods even while on a budget.

What are organic goods?

Organic goods are also known as organic products. They are products that are made from organic materials through organic agricultural techniques. Organic goods range from food substances to cosmetic and clothing materials.

The organic status for every product is government-regulated before they can be labeled and rolled out to the public for consumption. The reason is that government agencies are strict with consumer safety rules to protect consumers from harmful products.

For instance, in the United States, before products can be labeled as organic, they must be certified by the USDA (United States department of agriculture) through the NOP (national organic program). This governmental measure ensures that products meet manufacturing standards before being certified as organic and given the appropriate labels.

Types of labels for organic goods

After certification, there are four categories of labels for organic goods according to the degree or quantity of organic ingredients used during the manufacturing process.

100% Organic

This label is only for goods that do not contain any ingredients from the national list of prohibited substances. However, making 100% organic products is challenging and expensive. They work only for single-ingredient products. The 100% organic seal is usually on the front panel of the product packaging.


This label is for products manufactured using only organic methods and contains a minimum of 95% organic ingredients. In addition, the remaining 5% of the component ingredients must be non-GMO and should be included in the list of non-organic ingredients. Most organic goods available on the market are under this category, and the USDA organic seal may be on the front panel if the manufacturers wish.

Made with organic ingredients

Goods in this category contain between (70-95)% organic ingredients. Although such products are certified as organic, they do not have the USDA organic seal on their packages. Also, the non-organic ingredients that make up the product must be non-GMO, made without irradiation and sewage sludge.

The “made with organic ingredients” label is perfect for smaller companies who aspire towards becoming organic product companies.

70% Organic products

Although “70% organic” is not part of the label class, we sometimes use it to designate products that contain less than 70% organic products. These products can use the word “organic” to describe their ingredients in the ingredient panel. Such goods are not allowed to have the USDA organic seal.

How to buy organic goods on a budget

Here are a few tips and tricks to buying organic goods on a budget.

Exercise bulk buying

Bulk buying might appear more expensive because you have to spend a large sum at once. However, it has long-term benefits and can be a great way to leverage discounts. Also, buying in bulk and storing your organic products saves you time and energy. That way, you do not have to frequent the grocery store or market to get supplies- Valuable time to invest in other stuff.

Look out for Local Adverts and coupons.

Usually, the local stores put out advertisements for their weekly sale. Products up for sale during the particular week are relatively cheaper. Additionally, you could follow your favorite stores online; some more prominent vendors of organic goods release coupons for their products. You can find coupons online, in local newspapers, or even through online ads and apps. Additionally, some applications offer a rebate for buying a particular brand. Coupons are an excellent way to shop on a budget.

Buy organic goods in season.

It is always best to buy organic goods like edibles in season. That way, you get the best buy because things are usually more affordable. In addition, they are not only cheaper but are at their freshest.

Final Thought

Buying organic does not always have to cost a fortune, and you do not have to break the bank for them. There are several ways to shop organic and get more value for your money. Hopefully, this article proves it to you.